Is there such a device...

Discussion in 'Amateur Video Production' started by Steve Evans, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Steve Evans

    Steve Evans Guest

    I'm looking for a video capture card that includes RCA inputs and outputs
    that may or may not have firewire.

    So far what I have seen from various searches, most cards only have inputs.

    I (my son) wants to be able to transfer back to VHS tape.

    I would appreciate any comments/tips!

    Steve Evans, Mar 2, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Steve Evans

    Will Dormann Guest

    I believe the Canopus ADVC-100 is exactly what you're looking for.

    Will Dormann, Mar 2, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Steve Evans

    TonyP Guest

    You might be able via Ebay to find a Pinnacle DV500 used. I still use
    mine. Also comes with Adobe Premiere editing and DVD authoring. It has
    some real time features and works (at least for me) great in capturing
    analog (either composite or svideo). And yes, the board will do firewire.
    TonyP, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Steve Evans

    Andy Lee Guest

    Most Sony Digital 8 camcorders do exactly what you want, with great
    quality at an inexpensive price.

    Andy Lee, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Steve Evans

    jack245 Guest

    I have a Sony TRV-25 camcorder, and a Sony Vaio laptop.

    After capturing the video in the laptop (firewire), and editing it, I
    then transfer the finished "movie" back to the camcorder. From the
    camcorder, I then make vhs copies, using the camcorder's audio/video
    output (RCA plugs).

    Works great.......
    jack245, Mar 2, 2004
  6. This is one of the most commonly used devices:
    Robert Morein, Mar 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.