Jumping between text layers in editing

Discussion in 'Photoshop Tutorials' started by cpliu, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. cpliu

    cpliu Guest

    How do I jump to different text layers while editing the existing text
    without going to Move Tool first? I noticed that I can press Control-Shift
    and click to create a new text layer but I can't click on an existing one
    to edit it.

    It would save me time by directly jumping among different text layers in

    Thanks for the help,

    cpliu, Jun 22, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. cpliu

    Tom Thomas Guest

    I don't understand your question. You don't need to change tools to
    move between different type layers. Just click the one you want to
    edit in the Layers Palette. When you have highlighted the layer you
    want to edit, you place the cursor over the type and click it to edit.
    If you click on a part of the layer that is not over the type, then it
    will create a new type layer instead. All of this is done without
    ever exiting the Type Tool.
    Tom Thomas, Jun 22, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. cpliu

    cpliu Guest


    Thanks for the information. You're right that I can click on a different
    layer and then edit. Doing that is the same as change to a different tool
    and come back then click on a different text layer in terms of mouse
    movement. I'm trying to find a way that I just click on any text object on
    screen and be able to edit it. It's kind of like Control click to select a
    layer instead of move your mouse to the layers window and change to a
    different layer. When I tried Control-click and just becomes a free

    Any tips on achieving what I had in mind?


    cpliu, Jun 22, 2004
  4. cpliu

    Tom Thomas Guest

    Sorry, I can't help you there. Like I said, I didn't understand your
    question. I couldn't figure out why you were changing tools to select
    a different type layer. I don't know of a way to eliminate the mouse
    clicks since "Auto Select Layer" isn't an option with the type tool.
    Tom Thomas, Jun 22, 2004
  5. cpliu

    neon Guest

    Not sure I understand the question either? But, if you're running Windows
    and you want to activate any paticular layer without moving the cursor to
    the layer pallett
    neon, Jun 24, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.