just got a hauppage pvr 250 - but no channels. Heeeelp!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Video Production' started by viewer, Aug 6, 2003.

1. viewer

viewer Guest

I've never had a prob before with plug and play or installation of many PCI cards so for
    the moment I'm ruling out pilot-error but maybe someone will correct me.

Drivers and wintv app duly installed and scan instigated but no channesl appearing. RF
    connector is in place. I notice the pdf manual suggests that the UK uses 'PAL 1' which
    strangely isn't an option on the pop-up menu - only PAL BGHIDK or PAL N or SECAM....no PAL

It goes though its channel numbers but seemingly finds nothing. Any ideas anyone?

One thing worries me a little about this card - it was sold by PCworld as preopened
    (someone has used it and returned it) which is fine by me because it's full warranty but
    £12 pounds cheaper. Just wondering if these cards are so easy to set up that the most
    likely diagnosis here is that the card has been fried/stuffed by the previous purchaser.

viewer, Aug 6, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. viewer

Juan Lauda Guest

It's a typo in the manual. The UK standard is PAL-I, not "PAL 1".

This does not detract from the fact that your hardware could in fact still
    be faulty. Assuming that the RF aerial feed works OK with a real TV then
    you've got to suspect the Win TV card...

Juan Lauda, Aug 6, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. viewer

viewer Guest

Typical!!!! - having posted the above the £$##ing has decided to work for me - scanned
    without problem.

Please ignore!!

viewer, Aug 6, 2003
  4. viewer

Juan Lauda Guest

LMAO!

Juan Lauda, Aug 6, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question