lens for night/indoor photography

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment' started by arif johari, Jan 2, 2011.

1. arif johari

arif johari

I have an Olympus e-520 and I wanna buy a new lens or external flash that is best for indoor or night photography.I'm a beginner and I've been researching but I'm still not sure what to buy as I've seen results of these lenses and external flash but I was not impressed..

arif johari, Jan 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. arif johari

Norrell

for low light you need a lens with a large minimum aperture (e.g., f/2.8). Such lenses are expensive. Most indoor work also requires a good flash.

Norrell, Mar 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. arif johari

langone_peter

night photography

Night photography is easy. I've done it since I was 11 years old.I made this shot on frame 21 of my very first roll of Kodachrome. It was made with my very first SLR I had bought it the week before, used.

If an 11 year old can do it on his first try on slide film without bracketing on a totally manual camera, any idiot can. It's easier with digital cameras.I calculated my first exposure over 30 years ago from a Kodak book. Today every camera can set this automatically.

The colored lines are tail lights of passing vehicles along Brookville Blvd. What might look like scratches are reflections from the passing cars. The green tint is from the mercury lighting.

Regards,
    Peter Langone

langone_peter, Aug 10, 2011
  4. arif johari

shikha

for low light you need a lens with a large minimum aperture (e.g., f/2.8). Such lenses are expensive. Most indoor work also requires a good flash. :)

shikha, Oct 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question