mounting behind acrylic glas

Discussion in 'Photography' started by hendrikm, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. hendrikm

    hendrikm Guest

    I´m looking for a glue or adhesive to mount images behind (not on top)
    of clear acrylic glas (I hope this is what this stuff is called, in
    german it would be "Plexiglas").

    Any idea? I know this is done by big professional labs, but this is is
    not possible for my images.

    hendrikm, Aug 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. The trade name in English is Plexiglass. Like all plastics, it contains a
    plasticizer. In contact with a photo, the plasticizer may do damage.
    Either use glass instead of plastic, or use a mat to keep the print out of
    touch with the plastic, or just hope for the best. We have a photo now in
    contact wiith a plastic frame. So far, it is OK. If it shows damage, we
    can make another print at little cost.
    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.