[need a design tip] - I have an idea in mind, but not sure how to implement

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by rebeccatre, May 30, 2007.

  1. rebeccatre

    rebeccatre Guest


    I want to take a 2d flat image, and angle it slightly, perhaps with
    some kind of frame.... but the core thing I want to do is maneuver it
    more in a 3d fashion. Just think of a DVD case photo standing upright
    at a slight angle. I want to map a photo to look perspectively
    proportional over it and tweak as necessary I hope to find some
    tutorial or plug-in (free ware or shareware is great) to get me
    started to achieve this effect. I am working with Photoshop 7.0.
    Thank you for any ideas or pointers. :) Best wishes, Rebecca
    rebeccatre, May 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. rebeccatre

    Mike Russell Guest

    The transform tool provides one way do this. Add the image as a layer, type
    ctrl-A and ctrl-T Hold down ctrl, and line up the corners. Add a drop
    shadow and/or surface reflection for good measure and you're golden
    Mike Russell, May 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  3. rebeccatre

    rebeccatre Guest

    :) Sweet, thank you so much mike. Have a great day.
    rebeccatre, Jun 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.