Need plastic wrap but not shrink-wrap!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Phil Slater, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Phil Slater

    Phil Slater Guest

    I'm working on an image looking down on some images of objects I've
    positioned in a box. I want to get the effect of a thin plastic film
    (like cling-film) stretched over the top of the box. I've tried the
    controls in Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap, but it always "shrink-wraps"
    the contents. I'd like a plastic cover stretched across without it
    touching the contents of the box.

    Any ideas, anyone? Help would be most appreciated.


    Phil Slater, Aug 18, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Phil Slater

    TheOne Guest

    Scan some "Plastic Wrap" on something and see what you actually get... then
    draw it.
    TheOne, Aug 19, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Phil Slater

    John Doe Guest

    I think it is Auto FX Dream Suite 1 that has a plastic wrap filter that is
    quite impressive.

    John Doe, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Phil Slater

    Eliska Guest

    I'm still pretty much an amateur, but I experimented with putting a
    layer over an object, filling it with a light grayish blue, adding
    some monochromatic gaussian noise, motion blue at an angle, fiddled
    with some lighting effects filters then applied the plastic filter to
    that layer. Reduce the opacity and presto - it looks like stretched
    plastic wrap.


    remove those pesky SPOTTEDELEPHANTS to reply
    Eliska, Aug 19, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.