Need recommendation on Camera Lens

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by postcard, Sep 21, 2010.

1. postcard

postcard

Hello All,

I am needing some recommendation on a great lens to purchase for my Nikon D800 camera. What I will be using it for is shooting nature up in Alaska and maybe some portrait pictures of the group that is going with me. I have a great lens for the portrait shots but for the nature shots I will need some magnifications with it, since I will be taking shot from a distance such as off of a cruise ship and then when I get to Denali National Park I want to be able to get those tight shots of those bears. I am on a budget so price is a concern. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Fred Hall
    Postcard Adventures
    Home | Postcard Adventures - Alaska Travel Guide - Alaska Cruises

postcard, Sep 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. postcard

R.V

What are you limitations?

AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
    &
    AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED

Would be my suggestions for the camera body you have and the type of photography your intending to do.

R.V, May 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. postcard

Alx

Shooting distance nature .... fast telephoto lens, like a 200 or 300mm f2.8 will not be cheap. Get a Sigma or better off-brand lens if you cannot afford a Nikon. Beware getting a slow telephoto lens with VR, which will reduce camera shake but do nothing to stop subject motion.

Alx, Apr 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question