Nikon vs Canon

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by blodg8, Jan 20, 2009.

1. blodg8

blodg8

Hi all,

I'm new to this DSLR and still have not decide which brand to go for. I have been reading from other sites that tells me that Nikon D40 is a good Dslr Camera to start with but when i saw the canon rebel XSI it is pretty nice but the body of the Canon camera looks pretty cheap. Can someone let me know which brand they like and why? i also noticed that Canon lens are pretty pricey and there are A LOT. What are the difference?

Which camera should i start with? Please help me out here. thanks

blodg8, Jan 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. blodg8

dirtfan21

What are you going to use it for?

Nikon is good for sports and Canon is okay but better at still life. I use Olympus, I have found that for me it's the best around camera. I have used the Nikon and Canon, I love the colors of my Oly.

JD Photography

dirtfan21, Jan 27, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Thye both make good cameras. I heard same about Nikon good for sports and Canon better for still life. I have a Nikon D70s. I like very much. I'm invested in nikon glass, already so that's what made my decision. What I've always liked about Nikon is they have never changed their lens mount. You get middle of the road Nikon or better, Like a D90 or D60, and you can pick up a used AF or even Manual focus lens and it will work. Although you may not have all feature availble.

chuckwagon524, Feb 7, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question