Olympus FE210

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by jones, Apr 29, 2007.

1. jones

jones Guest

Have just bought Olympus FE210 camera, and find it more complicated to figure out than my previous old HP.

I am getting there slowly, but am asking what is internal memory and the obvious card memory. When I looked inside the camera there doesn't appear to be a card, but could be so small to be seen. Also cannot find info on how to remove the card and replace with a bigger memory one.

It is easy to go into a shop and ask but I am sure you people here collectively known more than the camera shop employees.

Maybe if someone has this kind of camera, they could help. Thanks in advance.

Katherine

jones, Apr 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. jones

jones Guest

Sorry everyone - more research and I found out that I am probably using the internal memory only, since it doesn't allow me much space before it says FULL.

Still would like anyone with this camera to give me some suggestions or tips to use it. Thanks again.

Katherine
    Have just bought Olympus FE210 camera, and find it more complicated to figure out than my previous old HP.

I am getting there slowly, but am asking what is internal memory and the obvious card memory. When I looked inside the camera there doesn't appear to be a card, but could be so small to be seen. Also cannot find info on how to remove the card and replace with a bigger memory one.

It is easy to go into a shop and ask but I am sure you people here collectively known more than the camera shop employees.

Katherine

jones, Apr 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. jones

Peter Guest

Yes - internal memory only.
    Recommend an Olympus XD Picture Card M 2gb - particularly if you are or intend to start using RAW which is the future of DSLRs
    Peter.

Sorry everyone - more research and I found out that I am probably using the internal memory only, since it doesn't allow me much space before it says FULL.

Still would like anyone with this camera to give me some suggestions or tips to use it. Thanks again.

Katherine

Katherine

Peter, Apr 29, 2007
  4. jones

Ross Guest

Hi Katherine.

My sister-in-law has one of these cameras. It takes a reasonable photo when
    you use the mode dial with some thought. (My 71 yo sister-in-law does not)

Open the battery compartment and place the camera on a table with the lens
    facing upwards.

There is a slot below the batteries where the xD card is inserted.

As another poster observed, fit a large capacity xD Picture Card and you
    won't be disappointed.

Your camera would have come with a 'basic" manual. To download an
    "advanced" manual go to this URL:

http://tinyurl.com/axub7

look for your camera model a little way down the page and make sure that you
    click on the "advanced" manual for downloading. (Page 56 has handy
    illustrations on "how to.")

If you have a copy of Adobe Reader installed it will load the manual. Make
    sure that you save a copy of the manual to your hard disk for future
    reference.

If you don't have Adobe Reader installed then go to the Adobe web page to
    see if you can download and install the latest version for your Operating
    System.

Ross

Sorry everyone - more research and I found out that I am probably using the
    internal memory only, since it doesn't allow me much space before it says
    FULL.

Still would like anyone with this camera to give me some suggestions or tips
    to use it. Thanks again.

Katherine

Ross, Apr 29, 2007
  5. jones

jones Guest

Thank you guys for your help and suggestions.

Today I went and bought a 1GB (I opted for the middle size memory card). I
    still have a lot to learn on this model camera, but with this group's help I
    will keep learning.

Have now kept a copy of the Advanced Manual and will refer to that as I go
    along.

Thanks again.
    Katherine

jones, Apr 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question