photos on license plates

Discussion in 'Photography' started by mike, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    I shoot dog and horse events. A few of my customers have asked for
    license plates (car and motorcycle size) with photos of their animal in
    action. The prices from vendors on the web vary a lot!! Does anyone
    know what kind of printer I would need to do it myself?

    mike, Nov 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. mike

    Skinner1 Guest

    I am thinking about the best youo will be able to do is a sublimation
    heat transfer process on a special polester coated tag.

    I have seen them done in the past but since I got away from the iron
    on transfer/screen printing industry I am not sure if this is even
    used anymore. You might check with a place that makes advertising
    specialty mugs... You know... you picture on a mug?? That is the
    process I am talking about. It's about the only way you will be able
    to do this kind of work unless somebody has a specialized inkjet
    printer set-up.
    Skinner1, Nov 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.