Photoshop technique question

Discussion in 'Digital SLR' started by Cockpit Colin, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm slowly coming to grips with photoshop - but one issue in particular has
    me stumped ...

    The other night I took a photo of my daughter while she was wearing a very
    pink top - looking closely I can see where this colour has reflected on to
    her face around the chin area.

    What's a good photoshop technique for getting this pink area back to normal
    skin tones?


    Cockpit Colin, Aug 5, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Cockpit Colin

    Brian Baird Guest

    It's hard to say without looking at the photo. If you post a link I
    could be more specific.

    You can try selecting the area with the lasso (be sure to feather the
    edges) and then do an adjustment layer with a layer mask to change the
    red channel to match the surrounding areas.
    Brian Baird, Aug 5, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Thanks Brian,

    I've come to realise this is all too much for me just at the moment - so
    I've ordered a couple of PS books from Amazon to get a better handle on it.

    I've got to grips with layers for levels and curves, but masks are still
    outside my grasp. I've got a suspicion that I could do a 3 year degree in PS
    and still only know about 10% of it!


    Cockpit Colin, Aug 6, 2005
  4. Cockpit Colin

    GraphWiz Guest

    Hello Colin,

    One simple correction (similar to Brian's suggestion) is to click on
    and wand a spot on your daughter's face where her skin tone looks
    normal, adjacent as much as possible to the area that you're altering.
    Copy the spot and also designate that as the foreground (or background
    color), then wand or box her chin where you see the pink reflection.
    You can either paste in the small copied region, or just use
    Edit-->Fill and something like overlay or soft light (depending on your
    needs in the photo) to make the corrections. A layer mask is also
    great-- we deal with this problem quite often so there are many options
    to fix it. Good luck with the touch-up.

    GraphWiz, Aug 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.