pinnacle drops frames as soon as i click start cap, help

Discussion in 'Amateur Video Production' started by dorian.gravely, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. Help!!, I have searched and searched but no one has a problem like
    mine. I am using 9 and I get between 8 to 15 dropped frames as soon
    as I click the start cap button about 95 % of the time. The other 5%
    I get 0 frames dropped through the recording.

    My system is no lagger, 3 GHz, 2 GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 7800 W/ 256,
    Sata HD as primary with 2 eide as slaves. I am running xp pro.
    I am capping off my vcard which should not be a problem with my set
    up. But I have the same problem capping off my Dazzle 80.

    I have tried everything, My start up is clean, nothing non essential
    is running, I have tried writing to every drive, primary, secondary
    and tertiary . Video firmware is up to date. The problem occurs at
    every quality setting. What is my problem, ....thanks in advance.
     
    dorian.gravely, Apr 6, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. dorian.gravely

    nappy Guest

    What is my problem, ....thanks in advance.
    Your problem is you are using deficient software . Get a decent app and dump
    that Pinnacle garbage.
     
    nappy, Apr 6, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. dorian.gravely

    TonyP Guest

    Welcome back!
     
    TonyP, Apr 7, 2007
    #3
  4. I had the exact same experience with Pinnacle 9. I also had it where
    everything was fine until I burned to DVD and THEN it would be choppy.

    I'm now using Sony Vegas, and so far so good. No wierd frame-dropping
    on either end. Sony Vegas is not as easy to use as Pinnacle, but it
    can do a lot more, too.

    Good luck! Annoying, eh?

    Chris
     
    Chris in Hopkins, MN, Apr 7, 2007
    #4
  5. "Chris in Hopkins, MN" wrote ...
    That seems to be the most reliable way of fixing problems with
    Pinnacle products. (i.e. dump & switch to some other brand.)
     
    Richard Crowley, Apr 7, 2007
    #5
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.