Placing image inside shape

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by MsCynic, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. MsCynic

    MsCynic Guest

    I know how to put graphics inside text, but I want to fit a graphic into
    a circle, which is basically the shape and size of a CD. The graphic
    isn't round, but I'd like it to follow the contour of the circle.

    It's annoying that I can't recall the name of this technique - it's
    called Powerclipping in CorelDraw if anyone knows what I mean.

    Thanks in advance,
    MsCynic, Oct 12, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. MsCynic

    Paul Burdett Guest

    Hi Jo,
    I've been using PS for a while, but don't normally answer queries as there
    are better people than me here. However, as your question made me think of a
    solution I tried the following: Open the image...apply the
    "distort"/"spherize" filter to get the spherical shape. The use the
    elliptical marquee tool to make a circular selection around your
    image...crop as desired. Not sure if this helps Jo?
    Paul Burdett, Oct 12, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. MsCynic

    Mark Guest

    Grouping......make your circular shape black, copy and paste the image you
    want to group with the shape over the shape, then "Ctrl G" will fill the
    shape with the photo. (You can move the photo around within the shape to
    suit your needs).
    Mark, Oct 12, 2005
  4. MsCynic

    MsCynic Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion. I must be doing something wrong. When I have
    the black circle and the image on their own layers,
    ctrlG jut puts them in a group and the image doesn't take on the
    circular shape at all.
    MsCynic, Oct 13, 2005
  5. MsCynic

    MsCynic Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion - I'll give it a go.
    MsCynic, Oct 13, 2005
  6. MsCynic

    Nick Seamore Guest

    Create your shape and just select your photo and copy and "paste into" and
    that's all.

    Good luck,

    Nick Seamore
    Nick Seamore, Oct 16, 2005
  7. MsCynic

    Roy Petersen Guest

    Have the shape on the lower layer, click to select the image layer
    above, and the hit CTRL-G. This will group the image layer with the
    shape below.
    Roy Petersen, Oct 23, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.