Printing Photos on Plastic Film????

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Peaches, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Peaches

    Peaches Guest

    I'd like to print some photos to heavy plastic matte film (mylar?). I
    know I'll lose detai and resolution, but that's ok. I wonder if anyone
    knows how to do this or what kind of shop to contact to get it done.

    I've seen mylar material coated for laser printers, but it's typically
    3 to 5 mils (.003 to .004 inch or about 0.1 mm) thick. I'm looking
    for something closer to 1/16 inch (4mm) or so.
    Peaches, Nov 23, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Peaches

    Marvin Guest

    Most plastic surfaces don't take ink well. I suggest you print on the clear plastic films
    made for use with overhead projectors, then laminate with mylar or other plastic as needed.
    Marvin, Nov 26, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.