Query:different models of Sigma AF 24mm f1.8 EX DG Asph Macro?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by Jeremy Taylor, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Hi all
    Does anyone know if there have been different incarnations of the Sigma AF 24mm f1.8
    EX DG Asph Macro? Reviews I have read of it have been reasonably happy with it.

One comment related to annoyance with having to switch AF/MF *and* push-pull lock
    the MF ring.
    [
    http://www.photographyreview.com/ps...EX,DG,Aspherical,MACRO/PRD_85162_3111crx.aspx

I like the finish of the EX series. What lets the lens down a bit is the need of
    switching the AF switch AND pushing the focusing ring into MF position when you want
    to focus manually.
    ]

I tried out a Sigma AF 24mm f1.8 EX DG Asph Macro at photo and video in Christchurch
    New Zealand www.photo.co.nz and it had an AF/MF switch but I did not have to
    push-pull the MF ring to lock it...

I also thought that the push-pull thing with Sigma lenses was INSTEAD of a AF/MF
    switch? (or rather it is the AF/MF switch)

My query for you who know more than me:
    are there various models of this lens? is the quality of them consistent or varying?
    (I'm looking for an idea of whether the comments on the lens are representative of
    the one I tried out).

Regards
    Jeremy

Jeremy Taylor, Oct 1, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. To answer my own question: it does have a push-pull thing as well as a switch. I don't think it is essential to do the
    push-pull thing, but is saves you accidentally stressing the motor when twisting the ring while in AF mode.

Jeremy Taylor, Oct 5, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question