Remote Capture - Canon 300D EOS

Discussion in 'Canon' started by kevstinx, Oct 8, 2011.

1. kevstinx

kevstinx

Hi been reading forums and so on the last couples of days.
    I own a Canon 300D EOS & Lumix, my main aim is to create a stop motion animation.
    So have been looking at camcorders lately, but still trying to succeed with my canon prior to more spending.

I have installed the drivers drom the canon disc and udated zoom Browser & File view utility to the latest versions. I am using Windows 7 64bit, i have read about problems of the 64bit system.

I have ended tried downloading and using, DSLR Remote Pro.

Switching communications from Normal to PTP, if set to NORMAL the canon driver is not recognised but as PTP i can access the memory card/ images currently on the camera.

This is driving me round the bend!

Is there anyway i can remotely capture through my pc with the Canon 300D ?

Think am going to have to invest in a camcorder, but this whole thing of capture card aswell adds greater confusion.

All this to create a stop animation whilst I can view what the camera is seeing on my monitor. Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kev

kevstinx, Oct 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. kevstinx

kevstinx

Still no success after days of fiddling.

Even tried on a 32bit system of Windows 7, also tried installing VMWARE, but i can not install the canon software from cd due to a installer error, so tried to install the windows installer, another fail.

Useless drivers!

Was going to purchase another camera, but all this fiddling and compatability issues has took the steam outta me, can not be ****ed with it no more. Won't ever be buying a panasonic camera again, can not even do remote capture with the Lumix fz38, and my canon 300d is old and a worthless piece of **** now. thanks anyway for the guys who read and thought about helping.

kevstinx, Oct 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question