Rolleimatic enlarger, I need to find a light proof cap.

Discussion in 'Darkroom Developing and Printing' started by Lawrence Allan Kriese, Aug 6, 2005.

  1. I have an older Rolleimatic enlarger which is missing the cap for the
    side vent. I need to find a cap and sources seem limited; any ideas?
    I could manufacture one so any Ideas other than duct tape would also be

    Lawrence Kriese
    Lawrence Allan Kriese, Aug 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Lawrence Allan Kriese

    Mike King Guest

    Darn, I was going to suggest duct tape then got to thinking about it, its
    warm enough up there that you don't want to use anything like tape. I have
    a roll of black aluminum foil that would make perfect temporary caps. Not
    familiar with this machine, is this just a cover, a vented cover or a place
    to attach an exhaust fan? In the first case just cover it and clamp it
    down, in scenario 2 or 3 you may want either a loose cover or some sort of
    baffled vent.
    Mike King, Aug 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. I'm not sure whether it had an exhaust fan or otherwise. Made the
    mistake of not checking it thoroughly when I bought it. As is, the
    light it casts will definitely destroy my prints. I do know that
    Rolleimatics were manufactured by LPL. Unfortunately am unable to get
    any more info than this since the enlarger was discontinued sometime in
    the 80's. As is, would definitely like to find an 80 mm lens and the
    corresponding condenser. Oh well....
    Lawrence Allan Kriese, Aug 7, 2005
  4. Lawrence Allan Kriese

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Only the ones that do not have remote focusing. Those were made in
    Germany by Rollei. Marflex had purchased all the parts for those.
    Bob Salomon, Aug 7, 2005
  5. I'm a little confused by your language: are the remote focus enlargers
    made by LPL or Rollei? since my enlarger is a remote focus might
    Marflex have the parts? If so, what is their address?
    Lawrence Allan Kriese, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Lawrence Allan Kriese

    Bob Salomon Guest

    The remote focus version was made by Rollei ion Germany and was sold by
    Rollei worldwide.

    The LPL versions were made by LPL in Japan and were not sold worldwide.
    Bob Salomon, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Lawrence Allan Kriese

    UC Guest

    I have the condenser for this and a glass carrier for 120 film. The
    hole is for a color head adapter that slides in.
    UC, Aug 9, 2005
  8. Let me know how much you want for both the condenser and the film
    holder. Also, what was used to cap this hole? I'd like to find or
    manufacture something similar.
    Lawrence Allan Kriese, Aug 10, 2005
  9. Lawrence Allan Kriese

    UC Guest

    The cover is simply a black plastic disc that holds on by friction. You
    could probably make something easily enough. I'll take $100 for the
    condenser and carrier, plus shipping.
    UC, Aug 10, 2005
  10. Send me an e-mail of your address. I live in Canada so I'll need to
    look up the shipping costs, etc.
    Lawrence Allan Kriese, Aug 11, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.