Sigma 1.4x or 2x teleconverter?

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by beley, May 4, 2009.

1. beley

beley

I have a Sigma 70-200 2.8 for Nikon and want to get a teleconverter to extend the range a little. I was thinking about the 2x but that also loses two stops, effectively making it a f5.6, right? The 1.4x would still give me a f4.

I'm at the beach and wanted a little extra zoom for wildlife, lighthouses, etc. It's usually pretty sunny...

I would probably have just gotten the 2x but some of the reviews said it was REALLY soft at f5.6-11 and didn't really start sharpening up until really small apertures. Has anyone had one? Is that trus?

The 1.4x has amazing reviews, however, and at f4 people still rave about the quality. Shouldn't they both have similar results considering they were released by Sigma at the same time?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm ordering this afternoon and can't decide which to get...

beley, May 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question