stacking glass filter and resulting aberration

Discussion in 'Australia Photography' started by nt, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. nt

    nt Guest

    I would like to know the name given to the form of chromatic aberration
    which occurs when glass filters are stacked together and the flat glass
    surfaces actually touch. It looks like concentric rings of specular rainbow
    coloured light radiating from the center.. any ideas??

    nt, Feb 13, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. nt

    Rob Guest

    All is revealed:

    Rob, Feb 13, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. nt

    Russ Guest

    Newton's Rings

    Russ, Feb 13, 2004
  4. nt

    nt Guest

    thanks brainiacs!
    nt, Feb 14, 2004
  5. nt

    Bob Monaghan Guest

    see Newton's Rings

    hth bobm
    Bob Monaghan, Feb 14, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.