starbursts

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by fed_up, Oct 25, 2012.

1. fed_up

fed_up

Hi there,
    I have a question that is not so much related to photography but instead a question of my eyes. I don't know much about photography but I understand that the camera acts very much like our eyes so I'm hoping someone can shed a light to why I see so many starbursts around light sources at night. I've been to Ophthalmologists and Optometrists and they can't seem to figure out why I see these starbursts. One thing that one of my doctors pointed out was that I have larger than normal sized pupils, but other than that everything looks fine. I figured the large pupils may be the reason for me seeing so many starbursts at night. I'm reading a little bit on the internet about F stops and aperture settings but from what I understand the larger the aperture the less starburst effects you get. So if I have such large pupils how is it that I see so much light? If it's a sunny day the sun is overwhelmingly bright. Thanks in advance for any responses.

fed_up, Oct 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question