The first movie to let you actually RE-EDIT THE FINAL SCENE now available on DVD

Discussion in 'Amateur Video Production' started by Bundleup, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Bundleup

Bundleup Guest

LOS ANGELES, CA - October 15, 2004 - Bundle-Up Productions announces the DVD
    release of the award winning film "The Appointment." Bundle-Up Productions
    has created a revolutionary breakthrough in movie distribution. For the first
    time ever, on this DVD, you will receive all the unedited footage of the final
    scene of the movie. Every take, every angle of beautiful black and white
    cinematography (thirty five minutes total) in QuickTime format, that you can
    copy directly from the DVD to your computer editing system, allowing for the
    first time ever an individual to TRULY re-edit the last scene of a movie .
    These clips are Full Frame 720x480 with no time code windows or keycode numbers
    burned in, just the same crisp, clean footage that you see in the movie.

The Appointment also includes an informative Director's Commentary track where
    Director-Writer Todd Wade explains how he made this movie on so little money
    (the shooting budget was a whopping $8,000!). Additional commentary is
    supplied by actor's Don Cummings, Alan Waserman and Paul DeLesDernier. The DVD
    Rom materials include the complete final budget of the movie, the shooting
    script, shot sheets, script supervisor's notes and much more information all in
    PDF format that you can copy from the DVD with any computer that has a DVD
    drive.

For more information or to purchase a copy please visit
    www.theappointmentmovie.com.

"The Appointment started out as a short film to add to my director's reel. I
    wanted something very intense and disturbing, something that would grab the
    viewer's attention and haunt them for several days afterwards. I wrote an
    eight page scene about an interrogation and cast a few of my acting friends.
    We shot this scene in one day. A few months later, when I finished editing the
    scene, I began showing it around to friends and acquaintances. I was very
    surprised by their reactions and enthusiasm. Since I had left the object of
    the interrogation unnamed, the two questions most people asked were "who are
    these people and what are they after?" The truth is I did not know. I was
    more interested in how these characters were reacting to their situations. But
    the questions kept getting asked and I think this interest is what helped
    transform this film from a ten minute short into a full length motion picture.
    Soon after, I sat down and wrote seventy five pages to go in front of the scene
    we had filmed, using the interrogation as the climactic ending. We began
    filming again in June of 1994. We kept to a very simple production format.
    Since we only filmed every third weekend or so, I had ample opportunity between
    production days to rehearse with my cast. I used these rehearsals to my utmost
    advantage. These rehearsal periods were vital to the success of shooting the
    film in fourteen days and on $8,000.
    I couldn't afford to 'fix things in post,' so it became vital that we record
    the best sound possible on the set. I shot the film on a 3½ to 1 shooting
    ratio with the final cut having over eight hundred edits. We finished
    production in late October of 1994, five months and 12,000 feet of film later,
    having spent only $8,000 to date."

Todd Wade, Director of The Appointment
    alt.rec.movies.production

Bundleup, Oct 18, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question