Transcoder for U-matic playback needed

Discussion in 'Professional Video Production' started by Eric Desrochers, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. Hello! I'm looking for a device that would accept a video signal from a
    U-matic "Dub" connector and translate it to S-video, keeping the Y/C
    signal fully separated in the process.

    The only device I could find on the web is the YCP-688, by Y/C Plus, but
    its availability seem limited.

    I seem to recall from my college days that some TBC could accept the Dub
    signal. Maybe it was the 629 signal from S-VHS? Did they made such TBC
    for U-matic?

    Do you have suggestions?

    Eric Desrochers, Feb 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Eric Desrochers

    Steve Guidry Guest

    Look on eBay for a transcoding TBC like the JVC KM-F250. It will allow you
    to switch the input and output formats separately.

    Steve Guidry, Feb 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. Thanks for the suggestion. However, from the scarce informations about
    this model on the web, it appears to not have a Y/C output. It does
    have component outputs, which may be useful.
    Eric Desrochers, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Eric Desrochers


    Mar 15, 2015
    Likes Received:
    Keystrobe, Mar 15, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.