USB2 to firewire

Discussion in 'Video Cameras' started by JRS, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. JRS

    JRS Guest

    I need to connect a usb2 device to the firewire port on my laptop. Is there
    any connector or converter that will allow me to do this?

    JRS, Oct 23, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. I don't think a converter is possible, as the protocols each use
    are very different (but I'm willing to be proved wrong).

    Surely much easier to fit a USB2 pccard to the laptop?

    Harry Broomhall, Oct 23, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. I don't think so.
    Get a usb pmcia card. If the laptop's new enough to have a Firewire
    port, it will have a card slot.

    What did you buy that needs USB2? My main field's audio, and the
    very first USB2 devices are just coming to market.

    You realise that a USB 1.1 device won't run any faster for being
    plugged to a USB2 port? Just checking :)
    Laurence Payne, Oct 23, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.