use "Replace Colour" with exact Colour

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Stefan Koller, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Hello,
    I'd like to change e.g. a yellow bar (255,255,0) to green (0,255,0).
    Because of a colour gradient at the edges I'd like to use "replace colour".
    Unfortunatelly I can only move the slides but I can't set an exact colour.
    Is there another possibility to change the colour ?
    thx a lot in advance.
    Stefan Koller, Nov 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Stefan Koller

    Mike Russell Guest


    Set your exact color in the color palette, then while in replace color,
    click the eyedropper on the color swatch. Then bump the fuzziness a bit to
    include the edges of your bar as well.

    You may quickly convert yellow to green by using Selective Color to add cyan
    to yellow. This will give a softer edged effect than Replace Color.

    Other possibilities include duping your image, leveling up the b channel,
    and copying and pasting it as a layer mask. Then simply fill that layer
    with the color you want, perhaps changing the layer mode to Color if you
    want to retain the original saturation and brightness.

    Mike Russell
    Mike Russell, Nov 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.