What kind of dry-mount press?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Developing and Printing' started by David Nebenzahl, Jan 26, 2008.

  1. Saw a type of dry-mount press I'd never seen before at my local
    recycled-goods place. It's definitely not a Seal, Inc. press, which is
    the only type I've seen until now. This one has a larger frame, and in
    addition to the heated platen and bed, there's an intermediate part with
    a plastic sheet held between two rods that goes between the platen and
    bed. The plastic is flexible but seem impervious. There's a large bolt
    in the middle of the frame to adjust the pressure, and two lights, one
    marked "HEAT", the other "AT TEMP", plus a temperature control.

    Does anyone know what type of press this is and how this works? This one
    seems to be in good working condition and not too much money.
    David Nebenzahl, Jan 26, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  2. David Nebenzahl

    Joe Guest

    Bogen-Technal made one (I have one) but it should say so if thats what
    it is. Mine doesnt have the plastic
    Joe, Jan 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  3. David Nebenzahl

    darkroommike Guest

    Sounds like this might be a T-shirt press.
    darkroommike, Jan 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.