where can I buy cables for old camcorder

Discussion in 'Amateur Video Production' started by Paul Hemmings, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. I have an old anaolg camcorder (Ferguson FC25)that I want to use to
    transfer the videos to my PC to convert to digital format. The
    video-out cable I have has a SCART plug at the other end, and I'm
    looking for a cable with a standard RCA video/audio connectors.

    Any suggestions on the best place to source this type of cable. I
    live in Japan, but visit the US and UK on a regular basis, so can
    order from there.

    Thanks, Paul
    Paul Hemmings, Oct 13, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. "Paul Hemmings" wrote ...
    1. Much more likely to find something from "Ferguson" than
    some "generic" solution. Most of those A/V I/O cables were
    custom-made for the particular Make/Model.

    2. Might find a SCART to RCA "adapter" (or make one).

    3. If it uses SCART, (and since I've never heard of "Ferguson")
    sounds European/PAL (or even SECAM?) Much more likely
    to find a solution in UK than in US (where most people have
    no idea what SCART is.)
    Richard Crowley, Oct 13, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Paul Hemmings

    Tim Mitchell Guest

    If it's got the little 8-pin mini din at the camcorder end, you can buy
    a suitable cable from Keene (www.keene.co.uk)

    Ferguson was a UK brand of cloned camcorders. They did a clone of the
    excellent (in its day) JVC SR-707 which I have still got somewhere.
    Tim Mitchell, Oct 15, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.