Where do you get your music licences?

Discussion in 'Video Cameras' started by G Hardy, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. G Hardy

    G Hardy Guest

    I've asked this in here as there may be a few wedding videographers out
    there who actually licence the music on their vids. If anyone knows of a
    more relevant forum, please feel free to correct me.

    Is videolicence.co.uk as cheap as I can get?

    I've got a non-wedding, annual project which (to date) has always had
    royalty-free music on it. This year, one of the contributors wants to use a
    licensed piece of music, so I'm trying to find somewhere that will let me
    pay based on the number of songs and a range of sales (for example two
    songs, 30-40 sales).

    The above website doesn't specify how many songs (so I might be paying more
    than I need to in that respect) and beyond the first half dozen, prices up
    for a specific number of DVDs which I won't know until this time next year.
    It also allows for up to 30mins of live music, which is unlikely to be
    needed. Am I paying for that, too?

    Based on last year's sales of 33 DVDs, and the interest (so far) in using
    two licensed songs, the price is £234. Can I get it cheaper anywhere else?
    G Hardy, Aug 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. G Hardy

    Tony Morgan Guest


    See the table there.
    Tony Morgan, Aug 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. G Hardy

    G Hardy Guest

    G Hardy, Aug 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.