Which Durst lens plate?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Developing and Printing' started by Steven, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Steven

    Steven Guest

    I have an M670 enlarger which I want to use for 35mm and 6x6. lens
    plate-wise I can choose between a flat Siriopla and a Siriotub (recessed by
    Which one should I choose and why?
    Steven, Aug 2, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Enlarger lenses are (usually) neither retrofocus- nor tele-constructions.
    So a longer lens has to be farther away from the negative stage then
    a shorter lens. To make this possible and to reduce bellows draw,
    enlargers often have two (or more) types of lens plates. The recessed
    ones are used for short lenses (the Siriotub is intended for 50mm lenses),
    the flat one is for a 80mm lens. Some enlargers use the same (recessed)
    plate turned toward the negative stage for short lenses and turned around
    (extended) for longer lenses.

    The larger (Durst-) enlargers have lens plates from about 60mm recession
    to several cm extension to accomodate 28mm - 300mm enlarger lenses.

    Martin Jangowski, Aug 2, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.