wide-angle lens digital camera needed.

Discussion in 'UK Photography' started by pires_le_cheat, May 2, 2007.

  1. I have a Casio Exilim whihc is good but I need one to take wide angle
    pics as when taking a pic of a small room but to fit most of it in.
    Will this one below do the trick and if not can anyone recommend one?


    pires_le_cheat, May 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. pires_le_cheat

    Trev Guest

    No. You need a 28mm at least and maybe with a wide angle converter to make
    it 20mm

    Kodak do one and nikon plus richo G5 or 4 at a good price
    Trev, May 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  3. pires_le_cheat

    monopix Guest

    A 28mm lens (or the digital equivalent) will give an angle of view of
    approx. 65 degrees. A 20mm gives approx. 85 degrees. If you want 90 degrees
    you would nees an 18mm lens.

    You should be able to work out roughly what angle of view you need depending
    where the camera will be in the room and how much you want to cover.

    Alternative - shoot multiple images with the camera you have and stitch them
    together with one of the stitcher programs.
    monopix, May 3, 2007
  4. pires_le_cheat

    Newshound Guest

    Also the Canon 850is, at a bit over £200. This has a 1600 iso setting and
    with image stabilisation letting you hand-hold at about 1/8 it will work
    without flash in pretty dark places.
    Newshound, May 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.