Wrapping Graphics or Text for Digital product Mock Ups

Discussion in 'Photoshop Tutorials' started by jjbug, May 31, 2006.

  1. jjbug

    jjbug Guest

    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about wrapping text
    around graphics such as: putting a line of text onto the rim of a hat
    and making it look like it is going back in perspective as if it was
    already put into production.

    Text and graphics will originate in Illustrator.

    Is it best to initially separtate lets say, each letter and free
    distort them individually?

    Thanks for the feedback.
    jjbug, May 31, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. jjbug

    cperkins Guest

    If you make a shape with the shape tool (not a raster shape, and not a
    path), then if you click into the shape with the text tool the text you
    type will follow the edge of the shape. So this is an easy way to
    get text wrap around in Photoshop.

    Note, though, that it always goes to the outside edge of the shape, so
    you can't make a shape with a "hole" in it and wrap the text around the
    hole (at least, not in Photoshop CS, haven't tested in CS2).

    Hope this helps,

    Chris Perkins
    http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder <- Photoshop to the Web plug-in.
    SiteGrinder v2.0 newly released. Adds support for forms, picture
    galleries, slideshows, incorporation of external media, importing or
    dynamic binding to external HTML, vertically growing documents,
    background tiles, and much more.
    cperkins, Jun 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.