Wratten 3" filter holder availability

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by Len Bryan, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Len Bryan

    Len Bryan Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I'm getting back into photography after a fairly long lapse. I've been in the
    photo industry one way or another during that time but have strayed from taking

    Anyway, I need to re-kit to a certain extent. I have a decent collection of
    Kodak Wratten filters that I would like to be able to use for certain shots. I
    used to have a filter holder that was very easy to use and convenient for me,
    but I cannot find one again.One slid the filter itself into a holder from Kodak.
    It was a 2 part device that just slid together. Then, I could drop this into a
    holder that had two barn doors on it. This holder clamped onto the outside of
    the lens barrel with a spring steel clip that just squeezed the lens.

    Sorry if the description is a little weak, but does this ring a bell for anyone?
    More importantly, do you know of a source for such a beast?


    Len Bryan
    Len Bryan, Jan 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Len Bryan

    Nick Zentena Guest

    Ya I don't think it's made any more. They come up on ebay every so often.
    Lee makes one that holds on with a rubber band I think. It's not very
    expensive but I don't think it includes the barn doors. Search for Lee gel
    snap if you want to take a look at the Lee one.

    Nick Zentena, Jan 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Len Bryan

    Len Bryan Guest

    I found the Lee filter holder you mentioned online. I think that will do the
    trick for me. The barn doors were nice but not essential.


    Len Bryan
    Len Bryan, Jan 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.